TPG Telecom owns and operates nationwide fixed and mobile network infrastructure, including:
- Australia’s second-largest fixed voice and data network, with more than 28,000 kilometres of metropolitan and inter-capital fibre networks and thousands of on-net fibre buildings in metro and regional areas.
- A leading mobile network comprising more than 5,600 sites and covering over 23 million Australians and our 5G roll-out is on track to reach 85% population coverage in 10 cities and regions.*
- City Wi-Fi networks in Adelaide, Ballarat, Bendigo, Canberra and Melbourne.
- A Fibre-to-the-Basement network in major capital cities.
- HFC networks in Ballarat, Mildura and Geelong.
- An extensive VDSL network in the ACT.
- A 7,000km submarine cable connecting Sydney to Guam, and onward to the US and Asia.
*5G is available in selected areas in more than 700 suburbs around Australia and we currently have around 1,600 sites in the planning and design phase. Our plan is to cover 85% of the population in ten of Australia’s largest cities and regions with our 5G network by the end of 2021 for customers with a compatible 5G approved device. Read more
We are fast-tracking our 5G network roll-out with an innovative deployment process involving industry-first pre-assembly and testing on the factory floor.