TPG Telecom owns and operates nationwide fixed and mobile network infrastructure, including:
- Australia’s second-largest fixed voice and data network, with more than 27,000 kilometres of metropolitan and inter-capital fibre networks.
- A leading mobile network comprising more than 5,600 sites and covering over 23 million Australians.
- A strategic portfolio of spectrum assets.
- International transit capacity.
- International subsea cable systems connecting Australia to major hubs in North America and Asia.
Our 5G network is rolling out to selected areas in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth, the Gold Coast, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Geelong.
5G is available in more than 650 suburbs across these major metro areas and we currently have around 1,600 sites in the planning and design phase. Our current plan is to cover 85% of the population in the six most populous cities (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra) with our 5G network by the end of 2021.
We are fast-tracking our 5G network roll-out with an innovative deployment process involving industry-first pre-assembly and testing on the factory floor.
This new way of working will improve the customer experience by halving the time our mobile towers are taken offline for upgrades and deliver an enhanced network experience through higher levels of equipment testing than can take place at our sites.
By preassembling our antennas, radio equipment and cabling onto a single frame, we are reducing the time our people need to work at heights while exposed to the elements by 70% and slashing our carbon footprint through better waste recycling and reduced fuel consumption with less use of heavy machinery at our tower sites.