Our Reconciliation Action Plan
At TPG Telecom we support initiatives that deliver better futures for all Australians.
We believe everyone has a role to play in creating equity and opportunities for First Nations People, the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we operate and deliver services to customers and the communities where they live.
That’s why we’re partnering with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and Reconciliation Australia to make a real difference for customers, employees and our wider society.
The first part of this Reconciliation journey is the launch of our first ever Reconciliation Action Plan – our Reflect RAP which will act as our roadmap.
This has been endorsed by Reconciliation Australia and will be used to establish a foundational level of understanding and respect for our nation’s history and culture across our workforce.
A key priority will be engaging with Indigenous customer advocates and representatives to better understand customer service needs and how we can most effectively meet them.
As part of our Reflect RAP, we have committed to the delivery of a number of actions including:
- Establishing and strengthening mutually beneficial relationships with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander stakeholders and organisations
- Promoting Reconciliation through our sphere of influence
- Promoting positive race relations through anti-discrimination strategies
- Developing a better understanding of the needs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander customers
- Increasing understanding, value and recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, histories, knowledge and rights through cultural learning
- Demonstrating respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples by observing cultural protocols.